We do not commission or notarize documents. If you require these services, please see the referrals below:

City of Guelph
The City Clerk’s office provides the services of a Commissioner of Oaths to witness signatures for certain documents. There is a fee for this service. Please contact the City Clerk’s office to book an appointment and find out about the fees. Please note the Commissioner will not sign wills or separation and custody agreements.
City Hall, 1 Carden Street, Guelph
Call: 519-837-5603

Mike Schreiner, MPP

Mike Schreiner, Member of Provincial Parliament offers a free service for swearing affidavits for low income people in Guelph. This service is available by appointment only.
173 Woolwich St., Guelph
Call: 519-836-4190

Service Ontario

The Government Information Centre is available to swear affidavits on municipal or provincial government matters. They can't help with financial or family law issues.
1 Stone Road West, Guelph (Corner of Stone Road and Gordon)

Law Society Referral Service
This is an online service that gives you a free 30-minute consultation with a lawyer or paralegal. A crisis line is available Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm.
Toll-free crisis line: 1-855-947-5255


If you need a document notarized by a notary public, we suggest that you use Google to search for notaries in Guelph and Wellington County. For information on the difference between a notary and a commissioner of oaths visit this website: