Wills and Powers of Attorney

We can't help you to write a will or power of attorney. If you need to speak to someone about writing a will or power of attorney there are other services that can help you.

Law Society Referral Service
This is an online service that gives you a free 30-minute consultation with a lawyer or paralegal. A crisis line is available Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm.

Toll-free crisis line: 1-855-947-5255

Office of the Public Guardian and Trustee, Ministry of Attorney General
The Office of the Public Guardian and Trustee has produced a Power of Attorney Kit. You can obtain this kit by calling the Office of the Public Guardian and Trustee, or by clicking here.

Call: 1-800-366-0335

Advocacy Centre for the Elderly
This legal clinic specializes in seniors' issues.
Call: 1-855-598-2656 (toll free)

Advance Care Planning
Contact the Guelph Wellington contact for further information on advance care planning, and making decisions regarding your health.
Telephone: 519-836-3921

Consent and Capacity

If you have a matter before the Consent and Capacity Board, you can contact Legal Aid Ontario at 1-800-668-8258 or the Hamilton Legal Aid office at 1-905-528-0134, ext. 0.

The Steps to Justice website offers step-by-step information about wills, powers of attorney and other common legal problems.